> > The test, as I heard once, is:
> > A "first" lang is one that you, _when alone, by yourself_, automatically
> >                     a.  count (or do arithmetic) in
> >                     b.  cry in
> >                     c.  pray in (or whatever you do in times of great
> inner
> > turmoil)

For me:

a Italian
b Italian
c Italian (seldom use of Latin - when I recite the Rosary with mum/grandma
: )

Notice I do never insult, curse etc. in Italian, nor in Lombard. If I have
to, I switch to German (Scheisse!). I also use Latin, especially famous
authors, when I'm angry with someone ('Quousque tandem abutere patientia
nostra....' (Cicero) is simply great; I also like 'Pedicabo ego vos et
inrumabo' (Catullus), even if I'd never do that for sure : )

Luca