Hugh wrote, in part:

Any particular reason for choosing the Vyper?

It's the whole package.  I like all the features (nitrox capable, back lite, downloadable, big memory, good screen layout, etc) in a compact wrist mount.  I don't think (I may change my mind:)) the demanded safety stop will be an issue as I always do one anyway.  I have never been on a dive where I have not done the safety stop, so I don't think it will be a problem.  I hope I'm correct.

Thanks for the offer on the loaner.  I am going to buy a Vyper even if I have to go back to the local shop and buck up.  Hopefully, I can find one elsewhere.