On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Nik Taylor wrote:

> Jesse Bangs wrote:
> > <<reeling in horror>> I have assumed all along that 'Nik' was a further
> > shortening of 'Nikki', which is in turn a nickname for 'Nicole' or
> > 'Nicoleta.'  Which means that I have thought you were female!
>
> Hee hee.  Course, Jesse could be either, so I've been wondering if you
> were a he or a she, so I guess it evens out.  :-)

<bemused look>  If it's something I have to guess about, I assume I may
be wrong.  I've been spectacularly wrong before.  OTOH I truly don't care
whether the people I'm talking to are male or female.  It might be
slightly awkward in *person* with languages that make a sex/gender
distinction in pronouns or address or otherwise, but hey.

YHL