On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 06:46:44PM -0500, Nik Taylor wrote:
> Raymond Brown wrote:
> > What is the first person singular vocative in English?
>
> I don't think there is.  I talk to myself from time to time, but I don't
> remember ever using a vocative of "I".  I'll occasionally address myself
> by *name* ("Come on, Nik, you really need to get up now"), but never
> anything like *"Come on, me" or **"Come on, I" (the second sounds even
> worse)

I tend to say things of the sort "Come ON, me!" because I really don't like
to say my own name. Even if I'm just thinking it, and not saying it out
loud, I don't like to. I don't know why. (I like my name just fine; just
feels like kind of taboo to say it.)

--
Eric Christopherson / *Aiworegs Ghristobhorosyo
Conlang code: