In a message dated 2/15/01 6:18:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
>> Does anyone have advise on how to plan dives?  >>

>Pat,

>2) Check out the rules where you are at.  Some areas are off limits to
shore
>diving.  Others are allowed.

>6) Every so often I ascend and take a look around, and see where I am at.

>Karla Clinch

err...  Correct me if I am wrong (but I am not wrong)  One of the rules
that you should check out is "Don't do sawtooth dive profiles"
Perhaps using a compass would remove the need to "ascend and take a look
around".  If you are doing a beach (sandy bottom) dive then the direction
of the ripples will tell you where the shore is.  Another giveaway is that
it usually (not always) gets shallower towards the shore. :)

Cosma

visit http://www.solution6.com
visit http://www.eccountancy.com
Everything for accountants

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is confidential to Solution 6. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message or attachments. In such a case, please notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do not relate to the official business of Solution 6 are neither given nor endorsed by it.