On 20 Feb 2001, at 6:48, David Strike wrote:

> And I'd say that the reader is an alarmist.  (And he doesn't appear to be
> advocating  more frequent servicing, just the replacement of certain parts
> during an annual service.  Personally, I'd put more faith in the
> manufacturer's recomendations rather than the views of an unknown person
> posting to a web-site.) :-)
>
> Strike

I'd agree with most of this too. I've seen Mares regs and Sherwood
regs that would go through seats more often than I thought
necessary due to the condition that the writer reports. I'm sure
others are probably the same. The seat in the Atomic is a bit
harder and it does have the spring feature that "unseats" it when
not pressurized. If I go to the trouble of tearing my regs down to
replace any one component, I replace all the orings etc, while they
are down. They don't get torn down unless they need it though.

Mike