Hello all ,

I would like to start planning my own shore dives. Up to this point I have gone
to dive centres and done boat or shore dives which the dive centre
recommended.

Does anyone have advise on how to plan dives? I would like at some point to
do a shore dive near my folks home where I grew up. I know the area well and
spent many happy summers boating and fishing there. Although I know many
areas which would be sheltered and have easy entry and exit points I am not
sure how to determine things  such as underwater current strength. Also what
safety precautions should I take ?

I am not in a hurry. First I want to learn how to carry out such a dive safely.

Thanks in advance for any help ,
Pat Folan.