> > I find my left forearm to
> > be a good place to wear my knife. I have noticed most other divers tend to
> > opt for the lower leg. Is there a good reason to avoid the arm / forearm that
> > I am not aware of ?

> If your right hand is severely entangled, how are you going to unsheathe the
> knife?

By bringing my left forearm to my right hand. I have experimented with
different knife positions and so far the left forearm seems to be the best
percentage chance position to be able to reach the knife if I am entangled.

Of course if the fingers of my right hand are entangled to the point I cannot
grip with them I am in trouble. I think I might start carrying a back up knife -
but where to position it ?????

Pat.