> On 16 Feb 2001, at 8:38, Karla  Clinch wrote:
>
> > Ok,
> >
> > Next question.   For everyone.
> >
> > Do you carry a snorkel?

I've not been SCUBA diving long, but I've snorkeled for years.  I
wear the snorkel, on the left side of my mask strap (opposite
side from the regulator).  I'm an air hog, and like to use the
snorkel before descending while others are entering the water,
and after ascending while waiting for pick-up or heading for
shore.  One one memorable drift-dive, I was just as entranced
drifting over the reef using my snorkel as I had been drifting
along the reef on SCUBA.

I typically drive warm water reefs with little chance of
entanglement, and don't feel that the extra drag caused by the
snorkel is significant yet at this stage in my skill.

Chris