If I was going to rent gear, I'd get it from my local dive store. The shops in
Austin usually replace there rental equipment very year or two. A rental rig in
Cozumel gets used just about every day. Parts are hard to get, so alot of times
stuff is patched together with spit and baling wire. Some of my local shops
will give you a "free" day or two to cover travel time.

-Joe