.<STRIKEN>
> Personal preference doesn't sit comfortably with physics and physiology!
> And water depth - particularly in the shallow ranges where the greatest
> pressure differential occurs - is immaterial.  Good diving practice
suggests
> that a person avoids those sawtooth profiles; they carry with them an
> increased risk of DCI.
>
> Strike

Remember that there are old divers and bold divers but that there are no old
bold divers.  Strike is one of the old ones and speaks the truth.  Ah the
things he taught old Jacques.

OTOH, there is something to be said for personal preference in some things.
I refuse to be dogmatic about my gear configuration. It is constantly
evolving and changing as I grow and learn and in fact, I have several
different combinations of things I use in different conditions.

There is something to be said for being 100% familiar with your gear (and I
am except when I add something new) but when you become dogmatic and
automatic, you make mistakes.  In SCUBA, you only get one.

CH