----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: Planning a shore dive

> >There is something to be said for being 100% familiar with your gear (and
> >am except when I add something new) but when you become dogmatic and
> >automatic, you make mistakes.  In SCUBA, you only get one.
> >
> >CH
>
> I have to disagree with Chuck on the "one mistake" comment.  His intent
> was correct but in reality it is often a series of mistakes that
uncorrected
> becomes fatal.

Ron is correct except that it is a chicken and eggs kind of question. If the
first mistake had not been made would the cascade leading to the bad event
have taken place?

Who knows.  In the end, it was the one mistake that lead to the others that
was the cause and... you only get one mistake from which you dont recover.
(we all make mistakes - just that most times we recover from them.)

CH