On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 13:10:54 +0100, daniel andreasson
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hey all.
>
>In my linguistics course "The Languages of Europe", we've
>got an assignment to do a typological study. Me and my class
>mate decided to do a study on onomatopoetic animal sounds.
>
>So now we're looking for informants/consultants. I've asked
>you guys before, and some of you could help me. I hope there
>are some who can help me out again. Plus, it's fun! :)

Uh, if you're studying _animal_ sounds, wouldn't the informants have to
be the _animals_? I know there are probably some "animals" on this list
but ....

>What we need is the sound that the animal makes and the
>verb connected to the sound of the animal. For example:
>
>"The dog BARKS. It goes BOW-WOW."

Oh, I see! What you're asking for is what people speaking different
_human_ languages say the animals make. Never mind!

Jeff