Roger Mills wrote:
>Andreas Johansson wrote:
>
> >, but in the summer
> >>I'll
> >>do my national service, sitting on a boat and droppin' mines into the
> >>Baltic.
> >
> >Um, I won't. Only today, a message from some bureaucrat turned up in my
>mail
> >and said that due to cuts in the military budget I won't do national
> >service. So ... well ... I don't have the slightest what I'll do in a few
> >months ...
> >
>But the Baltic will be a safer place......;-)

You never know ... maybe fewer Swedish mines 'll mean more Russian nuclear
subs in it! :-)

An' I'll tell you those Russian submariners are incompetent. In the 80s, a
nuclear sub complete with nuclear missiles somehow managed to get thru' the
skerries for a full front collision with the mainland ... took a mid-sized
fleet to drag it free ...

                                              Andreas