Andreas Johansson scripsit:

> I like that. It doesn't make much sense geologically, but if we count Africa
> and Eurasia as a single continent, we "Afreurasians" can claim more than
> half of the planet's land area and almost it's entire population (the
> combined population of the Americas, Oceania and Antarctica is, what,
> somewhat short of 1G?) ...

Indeed, it was traditionally called the World Island ("He who controls the
World Island controls the world"); some have extended this to refer to the
American double-continent as the "New World Island".

Still leaves Australia out.

--
John Cowan                                   [log in to unmask]
One art/there is/no less/no more/All things/to do/with sparks/galore