En réponse à Muke Tever <[log in to unmask]>:

> Okay, ObConlang:
> For Hadwan I have a deverbal form whose name I do not know.  (Yes,
> grammar
> is still one of my weak points.)  So I need a bit of help.
> It goes something like this:  the inflected verb form becomes a new
> stem
> with a suffix in -c (/ts/) or -s (/S/) depending on the ending.  And
> the
> meaning is basically "the act of Subject Verbing".  The basic parallel
> construction in English is a possessive pronoun and an -ing form ('my
> doing'
> this, 'his misunderstanding' that), although I think the Hadwan might
> be
> more flexibly used, perhaps adjectivally:  "The ghost of the woman _he
> had
> murdered_"

So you take the form inflected for person and tense as a stem? Neat! I love
those kinds of derivations (Euskara uses it a little with cases - it's called
overdeclination - and I use overdeclination extensively in my Moten).

> What would yall call that?  (Other than 'a bad idea'...)

Tha's not a bad idea at all! And it looks like it solves very nicely the problem
of handling relative clauses (can this deverbal form take object complements?).

> Right now the only name I have for it is 'infinitive mood', which
> isn't
> descriptive (only 'infinitive' because it's formed from the infinitive
> stem--it's still inflectible for tense; 'mood' because it's not
> inflectible
> for mood).

Why not "gerund" or "gerundive"? (I don't know which one corresponds better,
since French doesn't make a difference between the gerund and the gerundive:
they're both called "gérondif") Or "gerundive mood"? It seems to correspond
quite well to the meaning of your derivation...