Chuck wrote:

>  This past weekend I had the opportunity to
> actually try it (had a Rescue class I was working with.)

Chuck,

Was this a rescue attempt for real or a practice session.  If it was the
real thing I am very curious about the details.  Then I can not imagine
trying to do mouth-to-mouth resuscitation without being able to totally
clamp off the nose.  Even with a mask with the nose hole (for lack of the
proper term) there isn't enough room for the mask, your hand, and your head.
I would think that both people's masks would need to be off to do this and
unless you are very good you would lose a lot of air out of your own nose.

How did it work out in practice?  I had the opportunity to do mouth-to-mouth
on a cold dead woman (it was a liability situation for a nursing home) one
of the more pleasant of the repugnant things I had to do while employed by
the loathsome money grubbing corporate nursing homes. *stepping off my soap
box*)  With no water in sight it was extremely difficult to do and I have
had a lot of practice on the doll.

Were you underwater or on top of the water when you were doing this?

Thanks!

"The sea breathes life into me,
it is from whence I came." -Jan
http://searover.com/jan