On Mon, 14 May 2001 18:12:23 -0700, Donald J. HARLOW <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

Later, he devotes three pages to an overview
>of the Esperanto serial press, parts of which are having trouble adapting
>to our Brave New Electronic world ("La Brita Esperantisto", "Kulturaj
>Kajeroj") and parts of which aren't ("El Popola Ĉinio" has gone to a
>strictly on-line format [...]

That's putting a brave face on it. The main claim to fame of _El Popola
Chinio_ (which I always read as bad Spanish for "The Chinese People") was
its status as Eo's glossiest magazine, and its loss has caused a certain
amount of dismay in some circles. Besides, let's not kid ourselves,
magazines still have a far wider circulation than web materials, and are
capable of reaching a far greater range of people.

Chris