Raymond Brown scripsit:

> It is a Romancelang - what I find odd is that it has so many Welsh
> features, including purely orthographic conventions like {f} = /v/ which,
> personally, I think would be unlikely in a Romancelang.

Even one being written by British scribes?  Why should their handwriting
problems ("v" becoming illegible) be any different because they were writing
low Latin rather than Celtic?

> Yes, but Sardinia received its Latin very early on before /k/ and /g/ began
> their process of palatalization before front vowels.  I guess that when
> that process started, Sardinia had become a bit of a backwater and remained
> unaffected.

As I understand, proto-Sard split from proto-Common-Romance as early
as the first century B.C.

--
John Cowan                                   [log in to unmask]
One art/there is/no less/no more/All things/to do/with sparks/galore