Mario Bonassin wrote:

> How about lyrics from a song, something by Lorenna McKennitt or
> Delerium.  They tend to tell little stories that could be told without
> any cultural bias.

I think that all of these ideas, including the Tolkien one, are
inappropriate for a conlang relay.  We need an original text
written in the conlang.  Translating it from English (or any
natlang) will introduce a subtle bias, and translating it from
a published source will make it possible for people who know the
source to use it as a (conscious or unconscious) crib.  Both of
these effects are undesirable.

I urge someone to write a paragraph of original prose for
the Fourth Relay.

--
There is / one art             || John Cowan <[log in to unmask]>
no more / no less              || http://www.reutershealth.com