En rťponse ŗ Bart Coppens <[log in to unmask]>:

> Good, I've asked my father about the yes/no question and about the
> doctor.
> This is what he said:
> "Den doktoor zal 't doen"
> Yes:
> Singular:             Plural:
> 1 jouk                jo(u)n
> 2 joug                joug
> 3 joun/jous/jout      jous
> No:
> Singular:             Plural:
> 1 nieŽk               nieŽn
> 2 nieŽg               nieŽg
> 3 nieŽn/nieŽs/nieŽt   nieŽs
> This is spelled phonetically in Dutch, as I do not know the meanings
> for
> the different phonetic symbols. Perhaps someone who knows Dutch, and
> can
> spell in phonetics, can do that.

Let me try it :) . Irina, Boudewijn, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm using here the
pronunciation I know, which is Eindhovens :) .

Yes:
jouk: /jawk/
joug: /jawG/
joun: /jawn/, jous: /jaws/, jout: /jawt/
jo(u)n: /jOn/ / /jawn/

No:
nieŽk: /ni@k/
nieŽg: /ni@G/
nieŽn: /ni@n/, nieŽs: /ni@s/, nieŽt: /ni@t/

Maybe /i/ should be replaced by /i:/, I'm never sure whether those Dutch "long"
vowels are really long or have just a quality difference with their "short"
counterparts. In the same way, /aw/ may be /au/ or even /aU/ (or /&w/? Not so
sure about this one), but I have a hard time making the difference between a
group vowel+semivowel and a real diphtongue.

Of course, all this is in SAMPA, except ash written as /&/ :) .

Living in France, I've always been impressed by the variety of dialects found in
such a small region as is Flanders-Netherlands...

Christophe.

http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr