Ah! Now I've read this one, I understand better the one I answered before
it.

> I have used the following markup for "mixed stage directions":

>    <sp who="Dr">
>                 [SPEECH]
>    </sp>
>

> However, where the "speaker" is not mixed with a stage direction (the
> "simple" case, as it were), I've tagged it like this:
>
>    <sp who="Dr">
>    <speaker>
>    Dragon
>    </speaker>
>                 [SPEECH]
>    </sp>
>
> which is, as far as can see, more in line with how the TEI-Guidelines
> do it (putting the <sp> directly in front of the <speaker>).

Yes, the second of these is correct. The first is not If you think that
the thing in the margin is a speaker prefix relating to the speech, then
it should be inside the <sp>, not outside it.

Either of the following would, in my opinion, be
preferable:

>    <sp who="Dr">
>    <stage>Enter Dragon</stage>
>                 [SPEECH]