See my other note on the folly of putting tags inside attribute values.

The <lb> element has an ED attribute precisely so as to enable you to
specify which edition the line breaking you're recording pertains to.

So why not do <lb ed="orig" n="1"/> at the place where the original line
break was?

As to the regularization you encode as
>         <reg orig="regular-<lb>ization">regularization</reg>

how's about:

(Note the use of the REND attribute to indicate that the linebreak was
originally rendered using a hyphen)