>  ... The prologue ... is spoken by one of the characters. It is
>  indicated as a prologue, but ... at the end of his speech he starts
>  addressing another character.

>  The book is roughly structured as follows:

>  Title page of the editon, preface, editiorial comment, divided in
>  chapters, title page of the play, castlist and then the play
>  (body?) with the above mentioned prologue, followed by an appendix.

I'm not at all confident I understand the structure of this book
properly, but here's a crack at what I *think* it is, i.e. with
the editorial comments part of the frontmatter but divided into
chapters:

   <text>
     <front>
       <titlePage>
         <docTitle>
           <titlePart>A Book About
             <title>Man's Desire and Fleeting Beauty</title>
           </titlePart>
         </docTitle>
       </titlePage>
       <titlePage>
         <docTitle>
           <titlePart>Man's Desire and Fleeting Beauty</titlePart>
         </docTitle>
       </titlePage>
         <castList>
           <castItem>
             <role id="one"></role>
             <actor></actor>
           </castItem>
         </castList>
     </front>
         <sp who="one">
           <speaker>dude</speaker>
         </sp>
         <sp who="one">
         </sp>
     <back>
     </back>
   </text>

Notice that I have just split Dude's speech across the DIVs
w/o fretting about it, but the SPEAKER is absent from the
second SP. You could indicate that this was a single SP elemeent
by aggregating the two SP elements (and P elements, if necessary)
with next= and prev= or JOIN.

If this is a book about the play it might be more reasonable to
put the "chapter" DIVs into the BODY, and then subsume the play
itself into a TEXT:

[...]

Note
----
Both fragments are valid against
        <!DOCTYPE TEI.2 PUBLIC
        "-//TEI P3//DTD Main DTD Driver File 1994-05//EN" [
                <!ENTITY % TEI.prose 'INCLUDE' > <!-- pros,pr -->
                <!ENTITY % TEI.drama 'INCLUDE' > <!-- dram,dr -->
                <!ENTITY % TEI.verse 'INCLUDE' > <!-- vers,ve -->
                <!ENTITY % TEI.mixed 'INCLUDE' > <!-- mix -->
                <!ENTITY % TEI.linking 'INCLUDE'     > <!-- link,sa -->
                <!ENTITY % TEI.transcr 'INCLUDE'     > <!-- tran,ph -->
                <!ENTITY % TEI.names.dates 'INCLUDE' > <!-- nd,nd   -->
                <!ENTITY % TEI.figures 'INCLUDE'     > <!-- fig,ft  -->
                ]>
They are probably valid against simpler constructions of the TEI
DTD, but I haven't tested any others.