--- daniel andreasson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> Aidan Grey wrote:
>
> > I've been testing my Grand Master Schema for Aelya
> > (the name "Grand Master Plan" being trademarked, I
> > believe! ;).
>
> Okay then. I hereby declare that the Cein equivalent
> be
> called the Grand Master Chart (TM). :-P

   Soon enough, we'll have to have an authorative
website to keep the GMPs, GMSs, GMCs, and (O)OGMPs
straight (well, forward at least!) ;D

> I'm thinking of changing the GMC (Hey, Dan Jones,
> perhaps
> it was this you were thinking of when you wrote GMC
> before?)
> to make the words even more unlike Sindarin, but
> still
> keep the general feeling of the language. It would
> be
> interesting to see the Grand Master Schema of Aelya
> in
> its entirety.

   I'm still playing with it a bit, but when I'm done
I will definitely post it. I'm having
problems...err...issues with certain changes at the
moment, namely sonant+plosive clusters.

  What comes out it basically welsh as written by an
irishman.

> Is __ --> _au_ a general sound change in Aelya or
> does it occur only in special surroundings?

  only in stressed syllables. But  from stressed
vowel lengthening also becomes au before sonants.
    I like diphthongs, so I've found a lot of
environments for them to arise. Cw and Cy clusters
also create a bunch of them (lengwa > leung).

      Aidan