Christophe Grandsire scripsit:

> I'm afraid neither of those words exist. We do have "sororat" (a system in which
> when a woman dies, her husband takes her younger sister as wife automatically.

Traditional Navajos did this, and there is still some pressure toward it,
though it is not automatic.  "Sororate" in English.  The counterpart is
"levirate", marrying the widow to her husband's younger brother, which
is/was part of Jewish law.

--
John Cowan                                   [log in to unmask]
One art/there is/no less/no more/All things/to do/with sparks/galore