yes and1=enumeration-and. interesting.

when we look at the "OR" we notice situations where use it sometimes in the same "enumeration-way".
e.g. "do you think all these things exist ? do you think the quanta *or*
the yeti *or* santa claus really exist ? are you sure ? etc.."
its an "inclusive or" and got the meaning of and1 imho.
so is it true that "enumeration-and" is identical with "inclusive-or" ? or am i wrong ?
its abit confusing to think about such basic things.

regards,
c.s.

MT> From: "claudio" <[log in to unmask]>
>> hi !
>> well a semicolon is a softer connection between sentences than a
>> fullstop is.
>> analog to this the "and" is used as an even softer connection than the
>> semicolon.
>> i think the "and" is somewhat overused and overburdened in language.
>>
>> a solution could be to separate the sentence-connector-"and" from the
>> accumulation-"and" ,like "add milk and1 water, and2 stir occasionally"

MT> Those are /k_h/ "and1" and /kI/ "and2" in Hadwan.  /k_h/ is a clitic that
MT> attaches to each member of the list, and /kI/ is a regular conjunction.

MT>     waidzren ien      k   htsn   khwsho  k
MT>     saw-1SG   fruit-ACC and seed-ACC REFL-GEN and
MT>     "I saw the fruit and its seed"

MT>     /wAI"dzU4En "u:jEnk_h hi:"tsUn "xwUSUk_h/

MT>     gimren  afn      ki  rren        is
MT>     went-1SG water.ACC and gathered-1SG fruit-ACC-PL
MT>     "I went to the water and gathered fruit"

MT>     /gI"mU4En A"fQ:n kI "jIrEn "u:ji:s/

MT>     *Muke!
MT> --
MT> http://personal.southern.edu/~alrivera/