On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Danny Wier wrote:

> Korean is a true alphabet, but the rebus arrangements make it work like a
> syllabry.  And you have Chinese traditions of balance withing each square cell.
> I've said before that it is my favorite natlang script, and YHL should be
> proud... ;)

I've seen the "syllabary" fallacy in a couple books.  <shrug>  I like the
way it works, though "proud" is a bit strong.  ^_^  I'm not nearly as
clever as Sejong-wang!  My favourite natlang script aesthetically is
Mongolian Phags-Pa (and the Czevraqis conscript reflects this).

> Another feature is that the symbols for each consonant represent actual shapes
> in the mouth, like some early form of "visible speech".  Though vowel formation
> is based on more spiritual principles (heaven, man, earth), you can also see
> physical description with vowel marks.

Yeah--like Steg, I stole that feature (for the consonants).  But the
vowels in Czevraqis actually do represent high/low, front/back somewhat
(it's a simple [i e a o u] system).

YHL