Andreas Johansson wrote:

> >    a   i   'woron o   Elennil 'worono
> >    and the faith  GEN Elendil Faithful
> >   'and the faith of Elendil the Faithful'

>How come that the final -a of _Voronda_ gets retained as -o in _'worono_,
>while it seems to've been lost everywhere else? Or is it an extra genitival
>marker that's not indicated in the interlinear? Or did the Q genitive usurp
>the place of the nominiative in this case?
>
>In short, I demand an explanation of this most curious phenomenon! :-)

Is "D'oh!" a good enough explanation? :) I don't know why I
translated it with a final {o}. In the first version it was
_Forono_, then I realized it should be _Gworono_ mutated into
_'worono_. But I have no idea what that final {o} is doing
there. Plus, the cluster _nd_ becomes _nn_.

    a   i   'woron o   Elennil 'woronn

--
"Llitha thengest eil" | [log in to unmask]
"All grammars leak"   | www.geocities.com/conlangus