Frank George Valoczy wrote:

> What a useless occupation, I've always thought. But then I've always
> operated on the principle of the barter system, I'll do something for
> someone if I get something in return. Exchange of information like this
> list also falls into this =)

In both cases, one gets to demonstrate one's huge 'nads by showing

how much information one has to give away: the potlatch principle
of the Internet economy.

The difference is that crackers typically don't want to say *how*
they did it, whereas on this list we attempt to educate one another
as fully as possible.

"It is an Inkling's duty to be bored; it is his privilege to
bore on occasion."

--
There is / one art             || John Cowan <[log in to unmask]>
no more / no less              || http://www.reutershealth.com