Raymond Brown wrote:

> But if Brithenig has ffalluir, it means that B. would have changed an
> original *ffallir? *ffaillir? for analogous reasons also _and_ would have
> made the same semantic shifts in meaning as French _falloir_.  A tad to
> co-incidental to my way of thinking.

I only suggested ffalluir because the French -oi- seems to become
B. -ui-.From that, maybe *ffellir would be better, Andrew? If you find that
too coincidental, why not a construction like "lla gos es a fi",. like the
Cornish "res yu dhym"?

I don't think parallel semantic shifts in neighboring languages are too
unlikely, though.

Dan

La plus belle fois qu'on m'a dit
          "je t'aime"