Very much so.  DAN data shows most accidents occur when a diver has < 21
and > 100 dives, defining novice and experienced divers therein.  A diver
who gets 100 dives in 1 year versus 100 dives in 10 years, the 1 year diver
is considered more experienced.

The solution is experienced divers must plan a strict protocol of checking
and crossing checking their gear and following a dive plan, like they were
OW students again, and best if they cultivate a sense of paranoia about
water, and thus are always on their gaurd.

At 12:00 AM 7/5/2001 -0400, Automatic digest processor wrote:
>Date:    Tue, 3 Jul 2001 23:58:38 -0500
>Subject: Re: dive, dive, dive
>

> > BTW, just as a side note:  Thought:  Do those of you who dive deeper, feel
> > that you get complacent on the shallow stuff?  Just curious.
>
>Yep, more often than I'd like to admit...

Warm regards,

Marv