Hi Michael,

Thank you for making some good points.

The main goal of my Interlingvo project is to create a new IAL with the same
beauty and simplicity of languages such as Eo and Ido, as well as a new more
international vocabulary, representing the rich linguistic treasures
available from around the globe.

I believe that simplifying Eo grammar is/was not enough. I think the forward
step the Interlingvo project takes is in establishing a new vocabulary, more
broad-based and interesting.

I don't claim to be the inventor of the project's grammar. I would however
point out that Interlingvo goes further than even Ido in scrapping the 'la'
article.

In terms of the extent of vocab change, I would estimate that around 10-15%
of the language's vocab will remain the same or similar to Eo. Around 30-40%
will come from European sources (including minority languages such as
Danish, Finnish, Lithuanian, Dutch) and around 50% will come from more
global sources (Swahili, Japanese, Indonesian, Native American languages
etc.)

I changed the meaning of 'in' because I thought it would make the perfect
diminutive. I don't believe this is a significant issue, not at all for
non-Eo speakers and not massively significant even for fluent Eo speakers.

I have already decided to change the prefixes for male and female to pan-
and man- respectively. The prefixes come from the words 'pano' (man) and
'mano' (woman). This ties in nicely with 'patro' (father) and 'matro'
(mother).

The word 'sutarino' is made up as follows:

sut (from 'suto' meaning word) - ar (meaning group/bunch) - in (meaning
small) - o (noun ending)

So 'sutarino' literally means 'a small group of words' or a sentence.

Finally, thank you for the word 'pengo' for friend. I am definitely going to
incorporate it into the vocabulary! Please feel free to offer other
suggestions!

Penge,

Daniel