Mike writes:

> >Wont argue the point.  Simply pointing out that blaming N2 for all
> >may not be wise.
>
> True enough. And a good point too. While it's easy to blame N2 we
> don't often think more about the other gasses involved. Strike's
> mention of CO2 was a good one to throw in the mix. :-)

FWIW, I'm pretty well convinced that a CO2 buildup was what prompted my
nasty incident at but 60fsw several years ago.

In any event, while I agree changing the mix can modify the general
likelihood of narcosis impairment for a particular dive, it wasn't my
concern.  If there's a problem in how one responds to and manages narcosis
impairment, simply changing the mix simply is doing nothing more than
relocating the problem to a different depth.

-Hugh