----- Original Message -----
From: "Karla Clinch" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 6:35 AM
Subject: Dive Dive Dive

> Chuck,
>
> Looking over your posts and realizing what you were meaning, yes it could
> have possiblely been a combination of CO2 build up.  And we had discussed
> that after the dive.  However, upping the HE has eliminated the problem,
thus
> it stands to reason that it was not a CO2 problem.

Does it?  Unless the conditions are identical (and they almost never are)
you may be leaping to unfounded conclusions.

> I have a tendancy to be slow and methodical in my diving.  I breath slowly
> and exhale long.  I go slow, unless I am chasing a fish:)  And then I will
> stop and slow down after I have caught it!  However, I don't spear below
140
> or so, so, that is not a problem.

Slow is a good thing. It is how I can do things like a dive to 131FSW with
total bottom time of 64 minutes on an AL 80 (I am a fairly large guy.)

> I also won't battle alot of current on a tech dive.  I see no sense to.  I
am
> there to have fun.  Needless to say, I call about one out of every three
tech
> dives, based on the current.

There is (IMO) almost never a good reason to fight a current.  Mongo like
drift diving!

> Too bad there is not some reefs within 150-200 foot in this area---I would
> love to do a drift dive on something of that nature.

But there are plenty of reefs shallower than that.  Not in FLL so much tho
there certainly are some but up towards Del Ray and Boynton there are a ton.

> As a side note, we saw a Mola Mola(ocean sunfish) the other day, on the
> Qualman Tugs.  I was not diving, was on the boat, and jumped in with
> m,f,s......she came right up to me, and allowed me to touch her!  IT was
> awesome!

Way cool.

> Also saw to spotted eagle rays in 30 foot of water yesterday!  That was
tooo
> cool.

Probably caught the Gulf Stream from Cozumel. ;-)

 .