-----Original Message-----
From: Pediatric Emergency Medicine Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Shari Platt
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2001 12:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: A question of PAIN

Dear All,

Would you give analgesia to a child with a fracture, prior to obtaining
parental consent?

[ie:  Child with supracondylar fracture, in care of nanny, unable to reach
parents]

If YES, how would you administer medication...PO, SQ, IV?

Thanks for your input.  Feel free to answer directly to me, and I will
summarize my responses for the group.

Shari Platt,MD
New York, NY

message: info PED-EM-L