My wife recently was casted for a Jones frx and was out shopping in spite of being on crutches.  A delivery man for a chinese restaurant moved to let her gimp by and lamented the pain of being on crutches.  He encouraged her to eat a healthy diet in order to keep her " Pedialytes" up, to ensure proper healing.  She didn't have the heart to correct him.

>>> "Hampers, Lou" <[log in to unmask]> 08/10/01 13:11 PM >>>
Just remembered a couple more:

When the mom of a 1 yo boy was asked about any previous surgeries, she
replied, "None, except for his vasectomy."  When she noted the shock on the
resident's face, she blushed and quickly corrected herself, "I mean his
circumcision." (whew!)

The mom of a 3 yo girl was asked if she was taking any medications.  "A pink
medicine.  Her dad's at home.  I can call him and get the name off the
bottle."  After consulting with the child's father on the telephone, the mom
presents a scrap of paper with the name of the med written out: "shake well"
(I swear I'm not making this up--the scary thing is that this process
required TWO illiterate parents).

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: