Hi Ray,

Key West; its a mix of relatively battered but well populated reefs and two
well doved wrecks [ Joe's Tug and Cayman Salvor] but the culture here is
much better than northern Fl, add being in clear [70+ ft vis on good days],
deep, blue, warm [ 85F+] water is always a welcome respite from the North
Atlantic ... plus regulars get freebie dives from helping out at the dive
boat, so I'm out as long as the boat goes out!

For locals, there are pristine reefs within the 'tourist zone' known to
dive boats in the past 100 fsw range rivaling Caribbean waters, and for
those willing to charter, other attractions beyond the tourist zone [ such
as technical dives and deeper Tortugas reefs.]  I took some divers to the
shallower ones in the 30-40 fsw range and they were substantially nicer ...
with larger southern stingrays, nurse sharks etc., trolling about.  You
find these reefs by bombing them, then follow a heading that takes you to
the dive boat some distance away.