Muke Tever wrote:

> "ng"
> > >America.
> > >
> > >Don't Icelandic and Danish have the voiced interdental fricative [D]?
>
> Modern Greek hath [D] and [T] too, hath'nt it?

That's right! I'd entirely forgotten about that.  But that wouldn't pass
Luís's requirement that the language be in the big-6, as there are only
about 10 million speakers of Greek.

(You know what I'd really like?  I'd like to have a grammar of the
dialect of Greek -- unintelligible to Standard Greek -- spoken in
Sicily and Corsica.  I'd also like a grammar of one of the Romance
Corsican dialects, but that's only slightly easier to come by, I'd bet.)

Thomas Wier | AIM: trwier

"Aspidi men Saiôn tis agalletai, hên para thamnôi
  entos amômêton kallipon ouk ethelôn;
autos d' exephugon thanatou telos: aspis ekeinê
  erretô; exautês ktêsomai ou kakiô" - Arkhilokhos