Raymond Brown eskrė »

> It seems to me that Danish/Norwegian/Swedish verbs have as few fexions as
> English, have the same problem about principle parts, and have a good deal
> fewer tenses - they must on that score be significantly easier
> than English.

As a learner of Norwegian, that's certainly my impression - there's just so
little to have to remember and work out when it comes to verb conjugation,
when the forms are identical for all persons and numbers.

For me, the hardest thing with Nw verbs was/is properly understanding when
to use the passive -es form, a grammatical feature I hadn't come across
before.

James

[log in to unmask]  James Campbell  Zeugma--Our Life Is Design  www.zolid.com

When I arrive in Memphis, I'll put a sign out on the door:
"It's OK to disturb me, that's what I came here for."
                               Chuck Cuminale (Colorblind James) 1952-2001