I concur, with Mark's view on pricing.  When a markup is > 100-200% of
what's advertised elsewhere, makes one think.

An Apeks TX50 from Zeagle retails for about $600, includes both 2nd
stages.  From diveinn.com that's $310.  It would take ~6 years of bi-annual
servicing to recuperate the difference [ $100 pop for out of warranty reg
service done every 2 years, and if the warranty was honored by some shop it
would take 12 years at $50 for reg service charges and free parts]

At 12:01 AM 8/9/2001 -0400, Automatic digest processor wrote:
>------------------------------
>
>Date:    Wed, 8 Aug 2001 11:38:01 EDT
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Tech 50D
>
>In a message dated 8/8/01 11:26:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>

> > Cripes...small world.  That's the dive shop I use.  I need to stop by to
> > visit Nick & Charley @Elite, and get an air fill in case I'm going to be
> > able to make this weekend's NYC Seahorse Dive (all I have to do is to get a
> > replacement clothes washer, dryer, Central A/C and boiler all nailed down
> > this week!  The joys of home ownership :-)
> >

>Hello Hugh
>I love these guys, but I occasionally find myself conflicted.  I don't mind
>spending an extra $10 on a mask or fins  in support of my local dive shop,
>but I refuse to spend an extra $150-$200 for a reg. or BC (see this thread
>re. Diveinn).  I couldn't bring myself to ask Elite for the 1/2" first stage
>plug which I sent to Marvin...got it from another shop.
>Regards,
>Mark

Warm regards,

Marv