Hello Simon, went checking, and you're right.  There is no color
specification for the Hogarthian 2nd Stage color cover.  I stand corrected,
I too prefer yellow but I see its open for interpretation.

In many on dives with poor vis, yellow, but moreso pink or orange-red,
stand out quite easily in pea soup waters of the North Atlantic with, my
dive this weekend, barely 1 ft of vis until the bottom.

At 12:00 AM 8/8/2001 -0400, Automatic digest processor wrote:
>Date:    Tue, 7 Aug 2001 17:49:57 +1000
>From:    Simon L Hartley <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Tech 50D
>
>Hi Marv,
>
>At 10:53 6/08/2001 -0400, you wrote:
> >YOu have 2 black 2nd Stage plates on your regs?  With Diveinn.com's prices,
> >I'd be happy just to get a new 1st and 2nd stage and worry about cosmetics
> >and hoses domestically [ they are based in Spain.]  FWIW the Apeks website
> >states they have many more colors other than yellow ... but the Hogarthian
> >way is to use yellow ... which is a defacto standard as backup reg or
> >octo.  The Tx50+40octo kit comes with a yellow octo hose.
>
>FWIW, I personally prefer to have a yellow cover on my primary reg (the one
>I breath and donate).  The backup is on a bungie around my neck and has a
>black cover.  My rationale is that I want the regulator I donate to be the
>most obvious (a visual stimulus if you like, "take this one!").  Similarly,
>while the majority of my gear is black or dark in colour.  My weight belt
>is yellow.  At best the two items I'd most like another diver to be able to
>locate easily (the reg I donate and my weight system) stand out.  At worst,
>it can't hurt (doesn't cost any more).
>
>I'm unaware of anyone promoting a particular colour choice as Hogarthian or
>DIR though.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Simon

Warm regards,