        From:  Robin Larabee
        Sent:  Friday, 14 September 2001 02:56
        To:  [log in to unmask]
        Subject:  Albuterol Dosing

        Seems trivial after tuesday's events...
        But I've been wanting to ask the group how you dose albuterol for
pediatric asthma:
        a) Do you give everyone a "unit dose"
        b)or Do you dose based on weight or age (0.25cc-0.5cc-0.75cc-1.0cc,
etc).

        Regardless of where you begin your dosing, do you up the dose for
patients who don't respond well to a few nebs at your initial dose?
        I have seen literature supporting all points of view, and am trying
to find a consensus.  Thanks!
        Please respond to me privately and I will post results to the group.
        Robin Larabee
        peds hospitalist, Baltimore

        For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with
the message: info PED-EM-L
        The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: