Dr. Martin,

        The peds emergency medicine attendings take care of the emergency
department acute sedations; anesthesiology and peds critical care take care
of all other deep sedations in the hospitals. We do few true moderate
sedations (new terminology for conscious sedation) in pediatric patients.

                        Elise van der Jagt, MD. MPH
                        Division of Pediatric Critical Care
                        Strong Children's Hospital
                        University of Rochester Medical Center