-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Robin Larabee
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 1:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Albuterol Dosing

Seems trivial after tuesday's events...
But I've been wanting to ask the group how you dose albuterol for pediatric
asthma:
a) Do you give everyone a "unit dose"
b)or Do you dose based on weight or age (0.25cc-0.5cc-0.75cc-1.0cc, etc).

Regardless of where you begin your dosing, do you up the dose for patients
who don't respond well to a few nebs at your initial dose?
I have seen literature supporting all points of view, and am trying to find
a consensus.  Thanks!
Please respond to me privately and I will post results to the group.
Robin Larabee
peds hospitalist, Baltimore

message: info PED-EM-L
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: