Seems trivial after tuesday's events...
But I've been wanting to ask the group how you dose albuterol for pediatric asthma:
a) Do you give everyone a "unit dose"
b)or Do you dose based on weight or age (0.25cc-0.5cc-0.75cc-1.0cc, etc).

Regardless of where you begin your dosing, do you up the dose for patients who don't respond well to a few nebs at your initial dose?
I have seen literature supporting all points of view, and am trying to find a consensus.  Thanks!
Please respond to me privately and I will post results to the group.
Robin Larabee
peds hospitalist, Baltimore

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: