Teonaht also has an equative, "as beautiful as,"
and it is developing what I call an "alterative":
"other beautiful than."  Meaning "beautiful in
a different way."  I wanted Teonaht to be able
to express other than binary oppositions in its
basic grammar.  Do other natlangs have this
concept in the comparative?

ABSOLUTE:
zef androfaiht,
        "comely, handsome man."

EQUATIVE:
zef hdo androfaiht
        "as, so, how handsome a man"
ta der hdo androfaiht zef-li
        "a man as handsome as he."
        (lit: "as him so handsome the man")

COMPARATIVE:
zef mak'androfaiht
        "a handsomer man"
ta der mak'androfaiht zef-li
        "a more handsome man than he"

SUPERLATIVE:
zef hse androfaiht
        "A most handsome man."
om dwe hse androfaiht li zef
        "The handsomest man of them (all)"

NEGATIVE COMPARATIVE:
zef vekr' andofaiht
        "less handsome man."
ta der vekr'androfaiht zef-li,
        "a less handsome man than he"

NEGATIVE SUPERLATIVE:
zef ykhs' androfaiht,
        "least handsome man"
om dwe ykhs' androfaiht zef-li,
        "the least handsome man of them (all)."

ALTERATIVE:
zef uor androfaiht
        "a man 'differently' handsome.
ta der uor androfaiht zef-li
        "A man handsome in a different way from him."