Psymon Betsumei wrote:

> I have seen u~mu used in Japanese. Only once, though, in a song (Lambada
> Ranma, the fourth closing for Ranma 1/2).

That was actually more of a /m:::/, tho.  Writing uumu is about as close
as you can get to that in Japanese orthography.  I suppose theoretically
would could write nnnmu, but they don't for whatever reason.

Anyhoo, I love that series.  :-)  And on a oblang note, the song's title
is actually Ramba Lambada, the Ramba using a punnish reading of the name
Ranma (the second kanji, which is read _ma_ in that name, can also be
read _ba_) :-)

--
"No just cause can be advanced by terror"
ICQ: 18656696