On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 19:40:56 -0400 Nik Taylor <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> As an aside, I have created a new word in the wake of these events.
> went to the blood bank, and there was an enormous line, they said it
> would be several hours.  I got an appointment for tomorrow, but got
> thinking.  It's an inconvenience, but it's a GOOD thing that the
> inconvenience exists.  It's good that people are coming in such
> enormous
> numbers to the blood bank, many of whom have probably never given
> blood
> before.  So, I created a word to describe that situation, where
> something is an inconvenience, yet a good thing.  The word is
> _uatasklŠa_, derived from tas- "for a good purpose", and an archaic
> word
> _klŠa_ "inconvenience, nuisance".  The adjective would be
> _tasklakiŠsa_
> --
> AIM Screen-Name: NikTaylor42
-

Pretty much the same thing happened to me and my friends when we went
into town to donate;  luckily the red cross is coming to my university
tomorrow so the line'll probably be shorter.

-Stephen (Steg)
  "the opposite of death isn't life - it's creation"
     ~ (i may not have the quote exactly right) _rent_