On Sun, 16 Sep 2001 15:38:35 -0400 "H. S. Teoh" <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> Cool, your _yeli_ sounds a lot like my _keve_ :-) A little
> con-etymology:
> _keve_ comes from the correlative particles _Ke_ and _ve_, which is
> like
> the Attic Greek _men_ and _de_. Over time, the two particles fused
> into
> _Keve_ to mean a weaker form of "... on the one hand, on the other
> hand
> ...". The non-emphatic usage eventually wore down the aspiration and
> so it
> became _keve_. It still carries the correlative flavor from its
> origins.
-

Cool.  the etymology of _yeli_, by way of comparison, is from _i elyeb_,
"and come".

-Stephen (Steg)
 "...alone of my people, i have felt war. I have breathed war, breathed
blood -
  and spilled blood not my own..."
     ~ from _Preceding the Time of Battle_ by Stíígiyus